A blog by moms, for moms about pregnancy, parenting and everything else!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Waaaay too early.

So my precious little boy (15 months old) is progressively waking up earlier and earlier each morning. Today was 6:20 a.m.! NOT OKAY, is what I say! What happened to 7:45 a.m., sometimes 8:00 a.m.? So I ask myself, is he teething? Is he getting sick? Dunno. All I know is that this has been going on for the past week, and I'm bound and determined to stop it before it gets any worse. I run every other morning, and if he wakes up any earlier I won't be able to go running any more! I left him crying in his crib this morning, in hopes he'd just go back to sleep, as I slipped out to get a run in, but came home to my poor husband up with BOTH kids (the crying had woken up my 3 1/2 year old) on the couch.

Help!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

My boy is 15 months as well. We have gone through similar problems with him. He has never slept past 7:30 though. What is your little guys nap schedule like? I am trying to transition from 2 naps to 1. Some days we make it, others, I give in. I despise that my little guy wakes up, usually around 7am, and wants to go back to bed at 9am. His evening bedtime has always been 7pm.
My daughter, who is 4 1/2, has always been an early riser (like her dad). She is up before 7 most days. We have an early household.
I think that this age is part of the big transition in sleep habits-frustrating, but necessary. Maybe get a good jogging stroller and take him along for the ride? I love my Bob:) Good luck to us both!

Gina said...

My 15 month old is still taking two naps. Like yours, he takes his first nap around 9/10am, then naps again after lunch. Then he'll go down to bed anytime between 7/8pm. I plan to transistion him to one nap after 18 months; but maybe I need to do it sooner? I do like his morning nap because it gives me a chance to jump in the shower without hearing the two of them screaming and fighting. :) Who knows...

Katherine said...

I agree with Lisa on changing his nap schedule. If you transition him from two naps to one, he'll probably sleep later, but still go to bed as early as he does now. OR you can always put him to bed later and see if it will make him sleep in at least until 7:30am. I had a really hard time wanting to get rid of the morning nap (my child did it for me) but once I did, things were better. Good luck!